Black & Decker irons are some of the most accepted in the world today as they easily make the list of best in market due to various buyers’ reviews. Black & Decker popularity in the U.S over other well-known brands such as T-Fal and Sunbeam can be traced to its affordability without compromising on the quality. The Black & Decker Slogan of “Powerful Solutions Ideas at work” is seen in its model D2030 which is one of the bestselling irons across all brands.
While different brands of steam irons are produced for different purposes such as high performance, comfort, steaming, safety, traveling and maintenance. The Black and Decker brand focuses on incorporating all these different features in their various brands.
Table of Contents
These Are Essential Qualities To Consider When Buying A Black & Decker Iron:
- Auto Clean: This feature regularly removes any deposit that accumulates inside and may block the chamber, thereby making maintenance of the iron easier;
- Anti-drip: This prevents leaking of water when the iron is in use;
- Make the Solplate: Stainless steel is the most popular high quality material, been that It does not rust and scratch and is better than aluminum;
- Ergonomics: A comfortable handle with a proper grip makes ironing appealing and fun;
- Auto Power-off: This safety measure is a common feature in most irons but it importance cannot be downplayed;
- The Wattage: Wattage determines how hot your iron can get and how fast it heats up. Irons with higher wattage is an advantage and definitely better than ones with lower wattage;
- Steam Surge: Powerful steam burst helps in removing creases;
- Vertical Steaming: This helps to remove creases even on garments and clothes that are hanging on the line without taking them off the hanger.
The best Black & Decker irons of 2018
Black & Decker Digital Advantage Professional Steam Iron D2030
Black & Decker D2030 remains on the bestseller list on Amazon. Although this model is manufactured in China, it is one of the most trusted brands in the U.S. The black and decker digital iron surpasses other irons in its price range because it is a digital iron with an LCD display; a feature mostly found in higher end irons.
This high performance iron combines powerful steam features, heavy sole plate and easy handling to produce professional results. Black & Decker D2030 inexpensive price helps and so does the quality vis-a-vis the price.
- 1500 watts of power;
- Digital LCD display;
- Heavy stainless steel soleplate;
- Ergonomic handle with intuitive dials;
- Digital temperature control and steam;
- Powerful burst of steam;
- Automatic shut off system;
- Auto clean.
- Powerful burst of steam to deal with tough wrinkles;
- Right weight;
- Precise temperature, steam setting through the use of LCD display;
- Large and heavy soleplate that easily removes creases;
- Good steam output and can be used for vertical steaming;
- Auto clean function for easy maintenance;
- It has a comfort grip handle.
- The steam dial moves a little too easily too;
- Dark plastic make it difficult to see water level;
- It lacks a precision tip which makes it difficult to iron corners;
- LCD display screen can fade over time.
The Black & Decker F67E Classic Iron
The Black & Decker F67E is a basic iron with few advanced features, but simple to use and weighs enough to take out wrinkles without applying a lot of force. This classic looking iron could take you down the memory lane. The iron often evokes a feeling of nostalgia. It has a true reflection of irons in the past days.
- Aluminum nonstick soleplate;
- Steam surge for tough creases;
- An indicator light when the iron is switched on;
- Variable steam with dry steam option;
- Navigates easily around buttons and collars;
- Automatic shut off;
- Anti-drip system;
- 7 temperature settings to accommodate different fabrics.
- It heats up reasonably quickly;
- Because it is heavy, it removes creases easily;
- Explicit controls make it easy to use;
- It is a very affordable iron.
- Has a low wattage and is therefore not very effective in dealing with tough creases;
- Snags on clothes when the iron glides across fabrics;
- It has an aluminum soleplate which is not as durable as stainless steel;
- Lesser steam output compared to more powerful irons.
Black & Decker D3030 Allure Iron
The Black & Decker D3030 model is built with advanced steam features to achieve professional results. The introduction of “Dynamic Steam Technology” allows this piece to produce 30 % more steam than ordinary irons even with limited vents holes “31” which should have been a major disadvantage.
It has a large soleplate which gives it a speedy advantage over many irons in reducing ironing time. This is digital iron is slightly different from the D2030 above, because it has it steam lever at the top while it display screen is under the handle to avoid accidentally change in the steam settings.
- 1600 watts of power;
- Variable temperature and steam controls;
- Stainless steel soleplate;
- Dynamic steam technology;
- Digital LED display and controls;
- Powerful burst of steam;
- Auto shut-off;
- Water capacity 10 ounces;
- Good steam output;
- Its wide soleplate reduces ironing time;
- Steam lever at the top;
- Large water tank;
- Digital display that enables precision;
- It heats up quickly;
- Comes with a 2-year warranty.
- No inbuilt anti-calc or self-clean system;
- Dark water tank;
- Difficult to refill.
Black & Decker IR03V Easy Steam Iron
Black & Decker IR03V Easy Steam is one of the cheapest Black & Decker models in the market today. This basic steam iron price will fit comfortably into anyone’s budget. The IR03V Easy Steam was an upgrade of much older version Black & Decker F210 while boasting of more features than the Black & Decker IR0110W quick ‘N easy iron which is in the same price range.
- High-quality nonstick soleplate;
- Pivoting cord;
- Steam surge and spray mist for tough wrinkles;
- Anti-drip technology;
- Smart steam technology for precise setting;
- Vertical steaming;
- Easy to monitor water tank.
- Top grade nonstick soleplate which glides smoothly across fabric;
- Can be used as a hand steamer for hanging drapes;
- It is reasonably priced;
- Smart Steam technology regulates amount of steam based on temperature setting;
- Spray function on the tip of the iron for creating crisp lines;
- It is a weightless iron;
- Auto shutoff;
- Heats up quickly.
- A low power iron;
- It is not durable;
- Many buyers have experienced serious leakage issues;
- This model doesn’t have an on/off switch.
Black & Decker IR2050 Vitessa Advanced Steam Iron
This Black & Decker aesthetic designed steam iron was built for convenience and outlook; due to its warm colors and a charming look. The IR2050 Vitessa iron has a customized soleplate to produce more even heat and consistent steam.
- Retractable / Dual position cord;
- Smart steam technology that automatically adjust soleplate temperature with steam production;
- Strong burst of steam;
- Vertical steaming;
- Nonstick stainless steel soleplate;
- Spray mist button;
- Auto clean system;
- Automatic power off.
- Good combination of steam and heat to eliminate wrinkles out of clothes quickly and easily;
- The dual position and retractable cord allows for easy cord management;
- It has a durable soleplate with an excellent glide on fabrics;
- A powerful burst of steam that melts creases and can be used for vertical steaming.
- It has a small water tank;
- Filling the water reservoir is a bit hectic.
Black & Decker offers several steam irons with various features, the ability to identify the unique model amidst all their brand production is what prompt this review. The crème de la crème of Black & Decker is the D2030 model; this digital iron produce impressive performance without costing top dollar.
Though Black & Decker F67E classic iron and the Black & Decker IR03V easy steam iron also deserves special mention for their rich feature and low-cost iron, these two irons are our runners up.
It’s the best time to ask questions and give us your feedback in comments.