Rowenta is a very popular brand in the household name especially when it comes to garment care tools. This famous brand has produced many garment steamer models, and they are trusted by a lot of customers. The Rowenta Company is a German company, even though this model is made in China.
The Rowenta DR8080 is an X-Cel handheld garment and fabric steamer that will provide you with professional steaming experience. This model is considered to be one of the best steam irons available for use at home. This model has a power rating of 1500W and an anti-scratch soleplate that is made of stainless steel and a full metal shield. This handheld garment and fabric steamer has about 400 steam holes in the soleplate which makes it capable to provide strong steam power to remove wrinkles on any garment.
Table of Contents
- High-quality iron that comes with a full metal shield;
- Power rating of 1500W;
- Auto power-off feature;
- 400 steam holes on its soleplat;
- Stainless steel soleplate;
- Precision tip to make ironing easier;
- Vertical and horizontal steam release;
- 7-ounce water reservoir and Spray Mist;
- Variable temperature control.
The Rowenta DR8080 has a water tank that is capable of holding about 6 ounces of water at a time (if it is more than this, it will be too heavy to be handheld). It has a detachable water container that is a little bit transparent. Its transparency is just enough to enable you to be able to gauge the recommended water level line when filing it. It can be a little bit hard to check the water level of the tank once you have put the tank back in the steamer. This steam iron comes with a lock function that enables you to turn off the trigger if necessary (and restrict the steam flow). This can prove to be quite useful as a result of the fact that the iron is designed is a way that your finger rests naturally on the trigger and you need to apply pressure to be able to grip it properly.
The Rowenta DR8080 steam iron is an ideal choice for delicate clothing and thin casual wears. This steam iron can also be used on suits and heavier fabrics. It is very portable and handy and it is able to heat up very quickly. It is also able to heat up quickly and generate steam in about forty-five seconds (exactly at around thirty seconds). As a result of the intensity and power of the steam produced by this steam iron, you should be able to iron more garments in ten minutes than usual. This steam iron can also be used for about 10 minutes before its tank requires a refill and start over the heating process.
The steam iron comes with an X-Cel that has 1500W power rating which is able to generate and release powerful steam that is hot enough to loosen and remove most wrinkles out usually with a few strokes. As a result of its tapered tip that can easily be used to iron button areas and other tight spots on all kinds of fabric. The temperature of the soleplate can be adjusted to suit any kind of fabrics you want (including silk and wool). It is also possible to adjust continuous steam.
The Rowenta DR8080 steam iron also has an anti-drip system that will prevent from leaking out even at low temperature. It comes with a self-cleaning system that will flush out mineral deposit from the iron. It also features an auto-shut off which will shut down the steam iron if it is left idle for more than 8 minutes upright or after 30 seconds horizontal. Overall, the Rowenta DR8080 steam iron is considered to be one of the best steam irons available in the market today.
- It can release powerful steam even on medium settings;
- It is able to remove wrinkles in a single stroke;
- As a result of its tapered tip that can easily be used to iron button areas and other tight spots on all kinds of fabric;
- It can use even regular water from the tap that has not been filtered;
- It does not often drip or leak;
- It also has an effective Self-clean feature.
- It comes with an X-CEL that has 1500W power rating which is impressive for a handheld fabric steamer. It is able to generate and release powerful steam that is hot enough to loosen and remove most wrinkles out usually with a few strokes;
- It is also able to heat up quickly and generate steam in about forty-five seconds (exactly at around thirty seconds). The average time period of this is usually around one minute which makes this model a great choice;
- It is easy to use and it comes with directions in three different languages;
- It is very portable which makes it easy to pack and carry around. It has a weight of about three pounds. This weight is very light as compared to the weight of most of the other steam irons available in the market today;
- As a result of the intensity and power of the steam produced by this steam iron, you should be able to iron more garments in ten minutes than usual;
- This steam iron can also be used for about 10 minutes before its tank requires a refill and start over the heating process.
- Rowenta DR8080 has been known to spit and spray hot water sometimes;
- It can sometimes be hard to see the level of water left in the reservoir;
- Some people might think its weight is too much to be used for a long period of time.
This steam iron makes it easier to glide across any garment or fabric and its well-polished soleplate has a rounded back end that allows smooth movement on clothes. This steam iron has a lot of amazing features and designed to simplify your ironing.
It’s the best time to ask questions and give us your feedback in comments.