Rowenta is a German company that is well known for making home appliances. They are regarded as one of the more reliable and dependable manufacturers when it comes to irons and by observing the Rowenta DW9280 Steam iron more closely, that notion presents itself to be true. The Rowenta DW9280 is a powerful steam iron which heats up quickly and saves a lot of effort if you often find yourself ironing piles of clothes for a long amount of time. It utilizes SteamForce technology that gives it very strong and effective bursts of steam all the while targeting stubborn creases to be removed if your fabric has any.
The steam iron weights about 4 pounds, which might make it a bit heavy to handle, and has a measurement of 11.4 x 4.9 x 6 inches. The power rating is given by 1800 watts and it generates about 220g of steam in a minute, it produces 30% more steam than usual steam irons because of its electronic pump. This is ideal for those people who can’t invest much time in ironing or if you are in a hurry; the quick performance of the iron is very remarkable. Aside from the performance, there are also features that add safety and utility to the product.
Table of Contents
The Rowenta 9280 comes with an anti-cal module that clears up any gain of deposits or scales deep inside the iron. A scale is caused when you fill up the water tank with hard water and the deposits can either be dust or other residues that build up. Both of these things are destructive either way as it leads to potential permanent damage to the electrical components that might give the iron reduced or no performance at all. So having a system dedicated to cleaning up the internal infrastructure of the iron and prevent clogging of steam vents is a reassuring thing to have for the buyer.
Also having to use steam functions over and over means that there will also be lots of impurities, whether they come from water refills or in the form of dust via the steam vents, it is necessary to get rid of them. The DW9280 comes with an auto-clean button that, when pressed, cleans out all of the dirt or blockage from the steam iron so it can perform at optimal.
Soleplate and Tip
The Rowenta 9280 utilizes a micro steam 400 platinum soleplate that is made out of stainless steel and has a coating of ultra-thin silicate. This allows for a smoother and tougher surface for providing excellent glide along the fabric with no drags. The tip of steam iron was designed to reach tricky areas and allow for their ironing, some of these areas can be collars, between buttons or pleats. The tip also comes with the ability to land precision shots, shots of concentrated steam, to specific areas thus giving it the name ‘precision tip’. Both the tip and the soleplate has 400 holes from where the steam is evenly distributed.
One of the smart functions that the Rowenta DW9280 can do is turn itself off automatically after waiting for 8 minutes when it is not in use. This timer also changes depending on how the iron is positioned, it is 8 minutes when the iron is left vertically on its base and 30 seconds when it is left on its face down or sideways.
The iron also comes with an LED display that gives you the option to choose from five modes of fabric. The Rowenta DW9280 will then adjust its temperature level. according to that fabric. Lastly, there is also an intelligent function that controls the intensity of the steam in regard to the motion of the iron. If there is no motion, the model turns the steamer off so that there is no waste of water and electricity.
- The high power consumption of about 1800 watts allows the iron to heat up very quickly. This saves up a lot of time and gives you better ironing quality.
- It comes with an LED display that helps you with precision and ease of use.
- It also has a motion sensor that notifies you about steam intensity so as to conserve water and not waste any energy.
- The iron is also designed in a way that helps you tackle hard to get areas in any of your fabric, this is the precision tip of the iron coming into play.
- The high quality and powerful steam of the iron produces some high performance. It is one of the best when it comes to steam generation with its 400 micro holes on the sole plate and the steam force technology. Let’s not forget the precision shots that give you a powerful burst of steam at 210g/min and relieve you of any creases or during vertical steaming.
- Despite being fairly easy to operate, the user might experience some difficulty in regards to the weight. The Rowenta DW9280 is a pretty heavy iron; it weighs about 4 pounds compared to some of the heavier steam irons which weigh around 3 pounds. So ironing for a long amount of time can tire your wrist out pretty quickly.
- Some say that the water tank is a nuisance because of it having a dark color. There has been difficulty in finding out what the actual water level is because the tank is too dark for the people to see through.
- Because this steam iron is so good at giving an effective amount of steam, there is a minor catch for sustaining this quality. The Rowenta DW9280 absorbs large amounts of water and often quickly so you find yourself having to refill more than often. Though you can tone down the steam levels to consume less water people argue that the quality of ironing drops when it is the case.
The final verdict is that you should definitely opt for the Rowenta DW9280 if you are willing to pay the more than average price. Do not worry about having any buyer’s remorse though as this steam iron will more than make it up for the initial expense, what it promises in its features and design, it delivers without any doubt. For the same price tag, there is hardly any other steam iron that offers you the features that the DW9280 does. So, if you want a product that is easy to operate, has versatile attributes and offers one of the best steam actions for your cotton and linen clothes then the Rowenta DW9280 is the way to go.